Guidance & Counselling
The Guidance and Counselling unit is set up to improve the welfare of students, in particular, and members of the University College community, in general. Since then, the counselling unit has undertaken various activities and programmes beyond the general counselling services. It has conducted orientation, training and workshop for students and the university College community.
Our Guidance & Counselling Unit offers students short-term individual counselling, workshops, and other services. Counselling is done individually and in a confidential setting. We believe the start to a new life in a new environment might cause certain reactions in students. The stress that comes with coping with academic requirements and other social responsibilities might stress the minds and bodies of our students into situation that might be unbearable. You need not necessarily get yourself in a bad situation before you seek the help of our counsellors. Our doors are always open and our arms outstretched to give you a comforting atmosphere and help make life conducive for our students.
- Are you finding it difficult fitting into this new environment?
- Are you having problems with your finances and or your health?
- Are there any challenges in your relationships and or personal life?
- Do you have a problem making a decision?
Visit us at the Counselling Unit of the Office of the Dean of Students (KQMUC).
Come to the Counselling Unit and go out with a smile.
General Counselling Services
Services provided include:
- Academic and Career counselling
- Psycho-educational counselling
- Peer Counselling
- Psychotherapy for various issues
- Social & behavioural counselling
- Emotional, Psychological and Interpersonal counselling
- Substance use and abuse/ HIV/ STI counselling
- Peer Counselling
- Liaison with faculties on various academic issues
- Liaison with hospitals on medical issues
Phone Numbers: (+233) 00000 000 and (+233) 000000000
Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 6:00pm
You can also contact us for emergencies
Counsellors at the unit:
- Rev. Martin Awutey
- Mrs Georgina Ahiakor
- Elder James Segbedzre