Kings & Queens Medical University College has its own private security service. Security personnel are located at various vantage points across campus all day and night to ensure the safety of all members of the University College community. The mission of the KQMUC Security Service is to maintain a safe and secure campus by providing quality policing. To ensure maximum safety however, the University College community also has a role to play.
Security Tips for Students & Staff on Campus
- Record the registration number of every commercial vehicle you board during your rounds.
- Remember to lock your door whenever you are leaving your room
- Beware of the type of friends you entertain in your rooms; they may be predators and criminals.
- Change promptly the lock in your door when your key is missing; report the incident
- Lock your door when asleep.
- Never board a taxi with all-male occupants already in. Beware also of taxis with a female passenger and two or more male occupants. The female passenger may be used as a decoy to rob you.
- As much as possible, patronize the campus shuttle vehicles
- Always walk in pairs, or in groups and at well-lit areas.
- Avoid using isolated footpath and short-cuts.
- Avoid the services of Errand Boys; they may monitor your movements and rob you later or give information to their accomplices.
- Do not entertain hawkers in the Halls; they may be criminals.
- Beware of travel agents on campus; some are fraudsters.
- Report every unusual occurrence promptly to the security office for immediate assistance.
Kings & Queens Medical University College Security Services – Important Telephone Numbers
- KQMUC Security (Hotline) 00000000000
- KQMUC Security (Office) 000000000000
- KQMUC Police Station 000000000000