Distance Learning Admissions
Admission to Undergraduate Degree Programmes & Top-up Programmes for HND and Diploma Certificate holders for the 2016/2017 academic year.
It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that KQMUC is offering 4 Years programmes in the Distance mode leading to the award of Degrees in the following programmes:
Undergraduate & Top Up Programmes on Offer:
- Diploma Pharmacy Technologist,
- Certificate as Dispensary Assistant (MCA)
- Diploma Community Medicine ( MA)
- Diploma Medical Laboratory Practice
- Diploma as Radiology Technologist
- Diploma as Dental Technologist
- Diploma in Community Nursing
- Diploma in Registered Nursing (RN)
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Diploma in Nursing Anesthesiology
- Diploma in Sonography
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Diploma in Health Management
- Diploma in Health Information
- General Requirement for all Programmes
- 1. Applicants must have at least 5 (five) credits in GCE “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics and at least 6 (six) credits in SSSCE/WASSCE subjects in the relevant areas, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science with an aggregate not exceeding 24.
- 2. Applicants with passes (i.e. D7 and E8) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science, who completed their HND on or before 2011 can apply.
In addition to these general requirements, programme specific requirement is stated below.
All HND applicants should have obtained at least a Second Class Lower Division in the respective fields.
Candidates shall continue in the areas of specialization in their respective programmes for the Top–up. Specializations would be mounted in specific centres depending on the qualified applicants.
- BSc. Computer Engineering; HND in Computer Engineering/Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering or an equivalent Diploma certificate.
- equivalent diploma certificate.
BSc. Computer Science; HND or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Information Systems/Sciences and any area related to any of the programmes listed.
- BSc. Information Technology; HND or equivalent Diploma Certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Data Processing, Information Systems/Sciences and any area related to any of the programmes listed.
- Diploma in Social Work
- Degree or Diploma in Education
- Diploma from Teacher Training Colleges/ Nursing Training College
- HND in Management or Human Resource Management
- Degree or Diploma in Theology and Bible studies.
- Degree or Diploma in Theology
In addition, candidates/applicants shall have at least five (5) credicts in GCE “O” Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and General/Integrated Science or must have attained an aggregate of 24 or in SSSCE (pass of D or better) / WASSCE (C6 or better).
How to Apply
Application is strictly on-line (http://admissions.kqmuc.edu.gh)
E-vouchers (payable directly to IDL, KQMUC accounts) can be obtained at any of the following banks: Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd, Ecobank Ghana Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank branches throughout Ghana.
E-vouchers may also be purchased by bankers’ draft ( from any bank) payable to the Institute of Distance Learning, KQMUC from the following venues:
- AKOSOMBO- The Office of the Dean, Institute of Distance Learning, Call: +233200000000000.
Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher.
All applicants are to visit KQMUC admissions portal http://admissions.kqmuc.edu.gh and complete an online application using the e-voucher provided.
A copy of the completed on-line forms together with all relevant documents should be posted in the enclosed self-addressed EMS envelope to reach THE DEAN, INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE LEARNING, KQMUC-AKOSOMBO, GHANA by 30th SEPTEMBER, 2016 .
Cost of Application Form
E-voucher together with Prepaid EMS Envelope cost as follows:
GHc 0000 for the Undergraduate & Top-Up Forms
For Foreign Applicants
US$200 for the Undergraduate & Top-Up Forms
1. ONLY RESULTS AND/OR DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY APPLICANTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF THEIR APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
2. UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE IN THEIR APPLICATION PACKAGE CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF THEIR WASSCE/SSCE AND HND CERTIFICATES.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://onlineapplication.kqmuc.edu.gh OR CALL TEL: +233-0000-0000